Get Rid of Unwanted Belly Fat With These 4 Steps
So many people that we work with are frustrated because they have unwanted belly fat that they just can’t get rid of. They’ve tried dozens of diets and workout programs. They’ve tried fasting, cleansing, detoxing, eating clean, and none of them have worked.
While this can be frustrating, the good news is many of our clients have followed these 4 simple steps to transform their body!
1. Quit Believing All the Marketing Hype
There’s a lot of great fitness information out there. But sadly, it’s floating around the internet somewhere amid tons of incorrect Instagram posts, YouTube videos, and articles. My advice is to completely quit consuming this information.
While there is true information out there, many fitness brands are focused all on marketing. Trying to sell you something. Which by the way, it’s working. Americans spent 60 BILLION dollars last year on weight loss products.
These companies spread horrible fitness myths. They tell you “If you just do this exercise you can tone up your stomach.” This is NOT true.
You can’t spot reduce fat from one area. You can’t tone one area. There are no quick fixes.
You may not like it, but it’s the truth. Understanding this is super important to your success with the next 3 steps.
2. Start Strength Train 2-4 Days Per Week
Strength Training is hands down the most effective type of exercise there is. It will boost your metabolism, build muscle, tighten your entire body, and burn fat!
I’ve seen my clients lose more stomach fat doing just strength training than anyone does doing cardio.
But here’s the thing. Strength training doesn’t just mean you’re lifting weights. It means lifting weights with a purpose.
Here are my general recommendations for your strength training workouts:
-Train your entire body 2-4 days per week with 3-8 exercises per workout
-Become obsessed with adding weight and/or reps over time
-Rest 2-3 minutes between sets
3. Dial in Your Nutrition
Unfortunately, it can’t all be done with strength training. If your diet is poor, it is nearly impossible to lose belly fat or make much progress at all.
If you’re ready to change your diet, do this:
- Eat in a calorie deficit. Your body requires a certain amount of calories to maintain your current weight. By eating less than that, you’ll lose weight! In fact, it’s the ONLY way to lose weight. Anyone who denies the Calories In/Calories Out Model is 100% wrong.
- I’m not saying calories are the only thing that matter. You still need to focus on eating lots of veggies, lean protein, and other nutrient-dense foods like fruit, nuts, seeds, and potatoes. This is what will help keep you satisfied while keeping calories low. 80-90% of your diet should be made up of these foods.
4. Increase Your Daily Activity Levels
We’re not talking just cardio here. If that’s not your speed, just strive to be a little more active throughout the day. Here’s my rule: If you’re lying down, sit up. If you’re sitting, stand, If you’re standing, walk around or fidget. Or dance! Walk the dog. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park at the back of the parking lot.
This slight increase in activity throughout the day really jacks up the number of calories you burn each day which = more fat loss.
If you’re interested in learning how to strength train, how to improve your diet, or how you can include more activity in your day call us or send us an email!